Pollution kills and can make us ill – Our children wait at bus stops where pollution is exceeding the EU’s acceptable limits. People who live near major roads are 12% more likely to get Alzheimer’s than those who do not.
We need an emergency programme to manage residential, commercial and visitor traffic, making it easier to function in our towns and improve air quality.
We will push for:
- Taking back control of our roads from Kent County Council
- Getting more pollution level monitors installed – reporting on offending areas
- Seek solutions to alleviate school run pressure
- Substantially increased electric car parking facilities – including on residential streets
- The development of a safe cycling infrastructure and an electric bike scheme