David was elected a Goudhurst Parish Councillor in May 2019 and so is well placed to understand the local issues of our rural communities. Since being elected he has been working hard on many of the council’s committees on local issues and has successfully managed a £182,000 community fibre partnership scheme bringing ultrafast fibre broadband to Kilndown and The Slade, Lamberhurst. Read more here – https://www.david-knight.org/post/kilndown-and-slade-fibre-fully-funded. He continues to work on a similar scheme to bring ultrafast fibre broadband to the rest of Goudhurst.
David says -“I feel proud to have been asked to stand for The Alliance and I believe there is more we will be able to achieve together as an Alliance of Independents, free of National party politics. This also provides a better opportunity for Goudhurst and Lamberhurst to have a more effective voice in Tunbridge Wells Borough Council.”
If you elect me as a councillor, I will:
- Continue to work hard with the Openreach rural fibre schemes to improve Broadband access speeds for our Residents and Businesses.
- Campaign to reduce the excessive housing targets Government has pushed out to the Borough and challenge the new planning reforms. Also to provide the urgent need for access to affordable housing for the young and elderly that live in our Parish.
- Push for more Democracy and Transparency within the Borough – what do our Council tax payers want their money spent on and how to revitalise our Villages and Town centres.
- Campaign to help relieve parking, traffic issues as well as improve bus routes and road safety in our villages
- Campaign to protect our local environment and improve Climate Change and Sustainability policies through out our Borough.
- To be a more effective Independent voice for the residents of Goudhurst and Lamberhurst in Tunbridge Wells Borough Council.